Many people live in a house or apartment that has a garage. If you are one of these people, you may have needed a garage door spring replacement Napa CA service. It is likely you have had to replace the springs on your garage door at some point. This can be tricky for many homeowners because they may not know what they’re doing.
In this post, we will go over how to replace the spring on your garage door and the benefits of hiring professional help. This will help you understand the difference between these two ways of fixing garage door springs.
Garage Door Spring Replacement Napa CA | Pros Do It Best
When it comes to replacing your garage door spring, you have two options: do it yourself or hire a professional.
First, let’s look at what type of garage door spring you could place by yourself. This will largely depend on the the specific type of springs that your are working with. You could be having torsion or extension garage door springs and they all need to be replaced differently. You need to understand that with torsion springs, they are loaded by building torque and this is achieved by twisting.
On the other hand, elongating, or stretching is what helps to load extension springs. If you decide to replace your garage door spring by yourself, it is advisable you do so only for extension springs. This is because unlike with torsion springs, you do not have to contend with spring tension with extension springs.
To replace your extension spring, you would have to have the door open enough that its spring tension is relieved. You would need C-clamps to help open and disconnect your extension spring. You would have to remove the safety cable first. Then, go ahead and have the new spring installed. If the above sounds too daunting and frankly dangerous, then it would be wise to hire a professional. Most people will take this route as it is both quick and painless.
Benefits of Hiring a Garage Door Spring Replacement Napa CA Service
- You don’t have to take time off from work.
- Your spring will be installed correctly the first time instead of incorrectly like you might do if left on your own. This can lead to more problems and may end up costing you more money in the long run.
- A pro has dealt with this many times before so they know best how much force is needed for tightening certain bolts.
- Professional technicians usually offer warranties which provide protection against defects and labor costs for a specified length of time after installation (usually one year).
- So what does all this mean? Well, it really depends on the situation when deciding whether you should fix the door yourself or hire a professional to do the work for you.
What is the Best Option?
So, which option should you take? The decision solely depends on you.
If it’s for your own home, then I would recommend hiring a professional. This will save time and money in the long run by preventing any issues with improperly installed springs that may lead to more problems down the line. If this is not what interests you or if you work full-time all week, then replacing the spring on the garage door can be done on your own as well.
Another thing worth noting here are warranties offered by pro technicians. These offer protection against defects and labor costs for a specified length of time after installation (usually one year). As we have seen before though, it really depends on whether it’s best to replace garage door springs yourself or hire someone.
Click here to go back to Home Page